What the concept of resiliency implies
Five characteristics of resiliency:
- Be Positive - See life as challenging, dynamic, and filled with opportunities.
- Be Focused - Determine where you are headed and stick to that goal so that barriers do not block your way
- Be Flexible - Open yourself to different possibilities when faced with uncertainty.
- Be Organized - Develop structured approaches to be able to manage the unknown.
- Be Proactive - Look ahead, actively engage change, and work with it.
"When hurt or distressed, resilient people expect to find a way to have things turn out well. They feel self-reliant and have a learning/coping reaction rather than the victim/blaming reaction that is so common these days." (by Al Siebert, PhD)
* Resiliciency = resiliencia
*.El término resiliencia se refiere a la capacidad de los sujetos para sobreponerse a períodos de dolor emocional y situaciones adversas.